Tuesday, December 18, 2007

And say she's lost control again



Despite the critical acclaim and awards Anton Corbijn's newest (and first) film titled "Control" has not made it's way to any big screens in the city of Winnipeg. But last night I had a private viewing of a pirated version on my lap top. I can't begin to express how excited I've been to see this film seeing as Joy Division has been one of the most important bands in my life for many years. There is a lot to be said about this film which can be found in a number of international Film & Music media outlets. But take my word for it this is the best film of the year in my opinion. Lead by a great cast whom take the roles of a few of the greatest minds in independent music during the late 70's and early '80s such as Ian Curtis, Bernard Sumner, and Tony Wilson. It is as much a story about the music and the accomplishments Joy Division reached as it is about the love and abandonment of love between Ian, his wife Debbie and his Belgian mistress Anik. Word has it the dvd release will be February '08 but I hope I can see this on a bigger screen before that date closes in.

here's a taste for you...

No comments: